Friday, January 13, 2006

A Poet's Lament

Thoughts spring forth from every crevice
of my complicated mind
Some are jumbled fragments
While others well defined

Glimpses of past experiences or
aspirations yet to come
A mosaic of ideas
Filtering most, but sharing some

Thoughts sometimes so compelling
they wake me from my sleep
Carried fresh with me all morning
By evening obsolete

Why not carry pen and paper
everywhere I go?
Saving precious inspirations
like the poets that I know

What is the reason for stalling
this evident shortfall?
The answer very simple
I am not a poet at all

Carol Roach
winterose@videotron.ca

2 comments:

TwistedNoggin said...

I used to swear I was not a poet, but still my wordy habit had its way with my pen.

carolroach said...

thank you for enjoying my poem, I would love to invite you to join my newsletter. winterose@videotron.ca