Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Wisdom


My wisdom comes in snippets and snaps
Like the glint of sunshine reflecting on crystal
Or the flash of a camera bulb's light
To capture that moment in time
For all eternity

My wisdom comes out of the blue
Unexpected, like the rainbow
In the midst of a storm
Off to the right
Near the horizon

My wisdom throws open the veil
And sees with real eyes
I realize what was before my eyes
All along
But I hadn't the eyes to see

My wisdom arrives where there is beauty and truth
Grace is its companion
The clouds will part for wisdom and grace
Faith is restored
In the light of such love

My wisdom is a fickle thing
It shuns me whenever I beg
Hiding above the clouds
I am in the dark
Regardless of tears or complaints

I can't see where I am--
Not for lack of trying
Until the day I throw up my hands
And fall down on my knees
Surrendering my will and my way

Then wisdom and grace
Alight on my brow
And shine the light once more
Revealing what I'd never known I knew
In my heart and in my soul

My wisdom knows it is never true
That I have lost my way
Have faith, it says,
Night restores the soul
Sleep until you wake

Secrets, long forgotten
In the recesses of the heart
Dance and sing
And tell their tale
When human eyes are closed

My wisdom grows in quiet mystery
Far beneath the light of day
In the stillness
And the silence
Spirit revels in the dark

My wisdom knows all is well
That dark and light alike
Feed the inner flame
That gleams as it glows
Deep within the heart

A mystery in history
Solved in a flash of light
Wisdom divine
For all with eyes to see
The truth of a moment in time

© 2005 Jodi Flesberg Lilly

1 comment:

About Clare Goodwin said...

Yes to your Wisdom, in all forms of illumination.